Cloud computing is every where . You can read or see hundreds of articles written about it . But most of them are more focused on technical and buisness details. This series takes a diffrent approach . We try to present the cloud computing in a simple , realastic and in end user point of view.
Rather than explaining what the cloud computing all about, I will try to answer the some of intresting questions I face when I talk about cloud computing.
- Can you explain simply what is cloud computing all about (Other than what i read in Wikipedia)?
In simple terms cloud computing is “some one do the all job for you ...Just pay him as you use his service “.
Everything is service in cloud computing . You just pay for what you use.
- What is cloud doing in computers?
Cloud is a methphor for the Internet. Since all the services are delivered over internet
we call this type of computing as cloud computing.
- Is cloud computing is ground breaking technical revolution of this century?
No. Cloud computing is a not a new techonology revolution. It just using existing technologies in diffrent ways .Thats it.
- Why there is so much buzz around the cloud computing these days?
There are two reasons for that
- Cheap Internet access, increasing use of notebooks and smart phones, increased usage of Internet
- Backing by big companies like Google , Amazon . When big companies talk it makes a lot of noise.
- Is cloud computing related to satellites?
No. It has nothing to do with satellites.
- Am I using cloud computing?
Yes. If you are using email,chating or other services over internet you are already using cloud computing
7.If cloud computing is all about Internet , then what is new in it?
The main diffrence in cloud computing is the business model. In earlier we purchased the software and bought its licence,update for patches, upgraded the hardware when the application wanted more etc ...But in cloud computing no more installations, maintance or updating. All are done by the cloud providers . Even you don't buy a licence . You pay for in subscription basis .
8 .Can you give an example of new business model?
If you want to use Microsoft Office first you have to buy the licence and install it on your system and keep updating...License may expire for 1 or two years.
But if you want use Google Docs (a cloud computing word processing suite ) you just subscribe for the serive and pay $50 for one year for one user
So tell us what you think about cloud computing......